Monday, May 12, 2008






Things have been insanely busy around here! So much has happened since my last post - I have been wanting to post an entry, but I had so many other things for work and family that had to be done. I have lots of cool pictures on my camera - here they are!
















Faline and Colter came to visit us. We had agreat time walking with them through Central Park(remember Balto? there he is!) We stopped at MOMA(the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art) to give our feet a rest and to get a bite to eat.
  • Nicholas' orchestra concert was the Wednesday(April 30) after vacation was finished. I didn't take pictures, unfortunately. After the concert, we went to Baskin-Robbins for ice cream. When we got there, it was very crowded. We thought we got out of the concert early enough, and were upset that so many kids beat us there. We found out later that it was the anniversary for Baskin-Robbins, and they were selling ice cream for 31 cents a scoop! What a deal for ice cream lovers!
  • My birthday was May 9, and Tony and Nicholas were supposed to go to our Stake's Father-Son camping trip. Tony was very tired, and it was raining, so they decided not to go. I invited some of my girlfriends to a nail spa to help me celebrate my birthday. We each had a manicure, a massage, and a pedicure. I was only going to have a manicure and a massage. My feet are so ticklish that I do not allow anyone to touch them! The girls talked me into trying the pedicure. I did it, and I have pictures to prove it! We had a blast!(although I'm not sure that I would allow anyone to touch my feet ever again!)














  • The next two weeks will be very busy. Nicholas' birthday is coming up - he's turning 12 on May 17. Our branch president is going to ordain him to the priesthood on May 18. My second graders are performing their concert next week. On May 29, our entire school is participating in a Dance Festival.
That's about it for now. Enjoy the pictures!

5 comments:

Noelle said...

I have ticklish feet too. That must be a trait we inherited from our parents I guess.

Give Nicholas all my best for his birthday. He is having a special weekend, that's for sure.

I'm looking forward to pictures.

Malauna said...

I had ticklish feet until I was 15, when I asked Colter to tickle my feet daily, which he did. I love the feet massages I get with a pedicure.

Shanda said...

I've never had a pedicure, but all the talk of them is intriguing. Hmm. I hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

tammy said...

what a fun way to celebrate your birthday! That is my kind of birthday party! Manicure AND a pedicure!
I cant believe Nicholas is turning 12. wasnt he just a baby?! time is flying by so fast!
Get those pics up so we can see all the fun.

tammy said...

Lu, your friends are cute! Looks like you had a blast (does that make me sound old?)