Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nicholas is now a deacon!

We went to church today like every other Sunday. Nicholas asked his father to join us today for his special day. Tony came later during the third hour.

Our Branch President announced that Nicholas would be receiving the priesthood today, and he was sustained by the members of our branch. I was so proud I couldn't stop smiling! Nicholas and I played a violin duet "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" for Sacrament meeting. The talks were very inspiring. It was High Council Sunday, and our speaker spoke about strengthening homes and families. There are three things we can do:
  • Family prayer
  • Family scripture study
  • Family home evening
Anyway, when Nicholas walked into the Primary room after his class and asked me if he should go to Priesthood, I started to cry. I have been with him in Primary since he was 3 years old - it was so strange to not have him there today.

Tony met me in the Aaronic Priesthood room, along with one of my neighbors who was very interested in the ordination. The blessing was beautiful! Nicholas told me later that he definitely feels different now. It has been a wonderful day!

3 comments:

tammy said...

oh, Luella~I can almost understand how you feel. Nicholas seems like a very sensitive young man. I wish we lived closer so I could really know him. It makes me sad that I have only seen him a handful of times in his life. But, we love him!
I think you are so lucky to have Tony. He is so supportive. You must be grateful to have that.
What a wonderful day!
We love you

Shanda said...

What a wonderful weekend in the Bateman family! Rachel being sealed to her parents and Nicholas being ordained a deacon. We share a rich and beautiful heritage and I'm glad to see my cousins are living up to it.

Noelle said...

That is so fantastic about Nicholas. How is he adapting to his new responsibilities in church? He is such a great kid, and a great leader. I am sure he is going to be such a strong addition to the Deacons quorum.