Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We began our winter vacation week by celebrating Valentine's Day together as a family. We woke up and had cinnamon rolls and egg sandwiches. I wish I could say I made the cinnamon rolls from scratch, but Pillsbury helped out very nicely!

After breakfast, we spent some time in the Jacuzzi. It was only 30 degrees outside, but the Jacuzzi at 99 degrees was just right!
After Jacuzzi time, we headed downtown to a violin shop for a bow for Michael, then we went to a new hamburger restaurant called American Roadside for lunch. Delicious!

Because I am still recovering from my gall bladder surgery, a lot of activity is still wearing on me, so we headed home so I could rest, and the boys helped Dad pick up branches out in the yard that had blown off of the trees because of the 45 mile-an-hour winds we had during the week.

These are the flowers Nicholas and Michael picked out at the florist for me. Aren't they beautiful? And they all gave me boxes of Godiva truffles. Yum! Now the theory is that because Luella will share all chocolates except for Godiva, they would give me enough so that I wouldn't mind sharing them. What would you do?
Our Valentine's Day dinner consisted of roast chicken, Parisienne salad, and french bread. It was delicious!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Aunt Dina came over for dessert after their dinner. Our family loves any reason to celebrate being a family!

1 comment:

Noelle said...

When anybody asks me if I "made" something, I say yes, and then parenthetically add that I "made" it possible for it to be there. Seriously, they should know better by know, and realize that I don't make anything from scratch. Well, except banana bread. That is the one thing that I really do make.

Sounds like a great Valentines Day.