Sunday, February 22, 2009

Extended Vacation

Okay, I have been home from school for three weeks now, and I am ready to return. I am feeling much better, and I understand why the doctors told me that gall bladder surgery is a two-week-long recovery. After two weeks of being home sick, we had yet another week of winter vacation. We packed this week full! On Monday, because I still was not feeling well, we took it easy and watched videos together. Nicholas got a two for one free ticket to see the Islanders(a hockey team), so he and Tony went to the game, and Michael and I stayed home and read together and watched Stuart Little(I love that movie!).


On Tuesday, Tony brought me to the airport to fly out to Utah to see my family - especially my Dad. I love the fact that I have such a big family, and I wish I was in Utah for a longer time to see more of my brothers and sisters.
Rachelle picked me up from the airport, and brought me to Brennan and Tammy's house. Shortly after I got there, Tammy rushed me to the door to wait for Dad and Harriet. I loved seeing the look on Dad's face when he saw me standing there! We had a delicious dinner together, and made plans for the next day.


Wednesday morning came early. I spent the morning with Dad and Harriet, and then Dad, Rachelle, and I went to lunch at Cracker Barrel - I love that restaurant! and then we went to the Ogden Temple together.
Here are two of Rachelle's boys. Aren't they adorable?
On Thursday it was time to travel back home after a visit that was way too short! I was happy to be back home with my hubby and children. We went bowling on Friday - it was the one thing the boys didn't do yet, and they wanted me to join them. The bowling alley was packed, and we had to wait for an hour before we could get a lane. We finally got a lane and had a great time! Oh, and by the way, I won, I won, ha ha ha ha ha ha!(it doesn't usually happen - Tony usually wins - he was just way off his game that day)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luella, why did you say that you went to Cracker Barrel and the Temple with Dad and Harriet?

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, what do I mean? Am I missing something? You, me and Dad went to Cracker Barrel and the Temple together. Why are you saying that it was you, Dad and Harriet? What are you getting at?

Luella said...

sorry - you missed the smile. This is what it looks like :)
(you have to look sideways to see it-turn your head to the left)

The Fieldings said...

Now I am really wishing I could have come to Utah! Sorry I missed your visit. Congrats on winning the bowling match! I'm impressed!