Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back to School and sundry matters

Nicholas' Back to School night went well. It was extremely crowded with all of the parents! I walked into Nicholas' homeroom, and it felt like his preschool all over again - so many of the children from his preschool are in his 7th grade homeroom, too! His back-to-school night consisted of following his schedule through the school day, where each of the periods lasted for 10 minutes. I walked from one wing, to the next, to the next, then back to the first one. I was tired! and Nicholas does this all day every day with his backpack(carrying his books, not in his backpack, so I'm told)!

I played for a Russian wedding service yesterday. I barely understood the service because most of it was in a language I did not understand(maybe Russian?). Before the service, a little boy came and stood in front of me, watching me play.He stood there for 10 minutes - so cute! I have not played for weddings for quite some time. It was fun playing for people who enjoy listening to violin music so much!

Today, we went to Tony's parents' house for dinner. My mother-in-law made delicious spaghetti and meatballs. I've posted pictures of my in-laws. They are wonderful people!

This is my father-in-law Tony Sr. Notice his t-shirt!


















This is my mother-in-law Judy. She is a wonderful grandma!

3 comments:

tammy said...

spaghetti and meatballs sound so good! yummy!

Noelle said...

I'll vouch for your in-laws. They are good people. Tell them I said "hi."

tammy said...

You must have just added the pics of Tony's parents! they never change do they? So fun! & look at the towel on her shoulder, that's a mom for you!