Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall Camping

This week is Rosh Hashannah, the Hebrew New Year. We had Tuesday and Wednesday off from school, so we went out to Eastern Long Island to go camping. The weather was beautiful and cool, and wonderfully relaxing! We went to an apple farm to pick apples



We got 18 pounds of apples - they are delicious!

One of Tony's friends lives in a gated community in Eastern Long Island. It is part of a horse farm that rescues battered thoroughbred horses. He invited us to come and see them. Someday we will have enough land for a horse for me, but for now, this was a great opportunity! We took our friend's daughter Amy with us - she loves horses just as much as I do.There were about seven horses altogether at this farm, but Tony took pictures of me with this horse, because I fell in love! We brought carrots to feed the horses, and this one was very communicative! He tapped his hoof on the gate of the corral, and I was told that I could go in. Well, I didn't need another invitation! I went into the corral, and the horse got so excited! He did everything he could to tell me that he wanted to take me for a ride. He butted up against me, walked next to me at the right angle for me to climb right on, and when I didn't get on him, he did it again at least three times. He was adorable! Unfortunately, I had foot surgery a month ago, so I couldn't even if I was given permission to.
We were told that these horses are up for adoption, so if/when the time ever comes that we get a plot of land large enough for a horse, I am definitely there!

5 comments:

Noelle said...

The apples look delicious, but I have to ask, what are you going to do with 18 lbs. of apples?

Sounds like a great time at the horse farm. What's with the foot surgery, though?

tammy said...

Oh, it sounds like you had a wonderful time. The land looks beautiful!
You are on a roll with the blogging! I love it! Keep it coming!
Are you doing your apple pie filling this week? You are so busy I'm sure ... 18lbs!

Shanda said...

What a fun way to spend a school break! Sounds like you all really enjoyed yourselves. Wonderful post and great pictures!

Malauna said...

Yum. Apples.

Machtyn said...

Oh, how I know Noelle and I are jealous. We both would be on top of that horse in no time at all.