Tuesday, September 23, 2008

School is now in full swing. We had Michael's Back to School night two weeks ago. He has a super fantastic teacher, who just happens to have been Tony's student when he was teaching at our high school. She is so sweet! My favorite thing she told us about is the weekly Bubble-Gum Blowout. Every student in her class who completes every homework assignment throughout the week gets a piece of gum after lunch on Friday to see if they can blow the biggest bubble. Of course, the children who didn't complete their homework don't completely miss out, because they get to be the judges. So it's lots of fun all around! Michael couldn't wait to tell us all about it when he came home on Friday!

I had my Back - to - School night tonight. Not many parents came to see my classroom, but I had lots of visitors in the hallway. I got to listen to lots of music, and chat with the other teachers who didn't have much to do either!

Nicholas' Back to School night is Thursday. He is doing really well in school, and I'll post more afterwards.

4 comments:

Noelle said...

Yeah for school! The kids here missed an entire week of school due to the windstorm that we got (remnant of Ike). Many places lost power and suffered wind damage to the buildings. We lost power ourselves for a week, but were otherwise unscathed.

tammy said...

It was so nice getting Loren all settled in a new school year. It's even better when I realized what a good teacher she has. So, I know that sweet feeling you have about Michael's teacher. Jr High is a whole new ball game. Haley loves it and Nicholas probably does too.

Shanda said...

I love the idea of the bubble blowing! What a great reward for doing all your work that week.

I read your comment about my Epcot experience. How do I tell Disney about our poor experience at the restaurant at the Morocco pavilion? I would sure love to let them know!

Luella said...

If you go to www.disney.com, type in the search bar "contact disney", and a page opens up where you can e-mail them. Let me know what they do for you - apparently they rank #1 in customer satisfaction!