Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy 13th Birthday Nicholas!




I gave birth to a beautiful little boy 13 years ago, and he has grown into a young man that we are so proud to call our son! Moms are always allowed to brag, so please bear with me as I tell you how wonderful Nicholas really is.
  1. He has been in all Honors classes since they have been offered in our district(which in our school is 5th grade), and has maintained an average of over 95 every quarter.

  2. He was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society this year. Those of you who are familiar with NJHS know that the character traits that are required to be a member of this organization is Character, Scholarship, Leadership, and Service.

  3. He is an active participant in his Boy Scout troop, and encourages the other boys to participate as well.

  4. He wrote a song for English class, and is so humble about it that he didn't want to share it. His father convinced him to allow it to be posted on YouTube so you can hear it now.

  5. On June 15, Nicholas will reach a goal that he set for himself long ago, and that is to play/practice the violin every day for 2000 days in a row. (I wish I had that kind of persistence when I was his age!)

  6. He has participated in honors orchestras every year since 5th grade.

  7. He performed a level 6 NYSSMA solo this year(for those of you who don't know, level 6 is the highest level you can reach) and received a 98 A+ for his performance. His chamber orchestra teacher was so impressed with his playing, that he invited Nicholas to perform with the High School orchestra. By the way, the name of the piece he will play is the first movement of Vivaldi's Spring Concerto.

  8. He is diligent in the performance of his priesthood duties as a deacon at church, and knows who he is and what is expected of him.

  9. He is always willing to help out around the house and do what is asked of him.

  10. He loves his little brother, and he is very affectionate!

Now if only he would make his bed. . .

We love you, Nicholas!

5 comments:

tammy said...

wow! what a kid! I knew it but seeing it all, he is amazing! I tried to look at the song but it didn't pull it up. how do we see the song on youtube?
Happy Birthday Nicholas!

The Fieldings said...

Amazing boy--correction--young man! With all that going on, who has time to make the bed? Happy birthday Nicholas! I love you.

P.S. Youtube still doesn't pull up the song. I'm anxious to view it. Let me know when the glitch is fixed.

Luella said...

Try it now - it should work!

Malauna said...

Happy birthday Nicholas!

tammy said...

that song is beautiful! I love it. It made tears come to my eyes! what a talent he has. I am amazed! thank you for sharing!