Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!



I remember years ago when I was little, that I would wake up around 4 a.m. on Christmas morning along with my brothers and sisters, and we would clang the cowbell around the house, yelling "Merry Christmas!. Mom and Dad would roll over, tell us to open our stockings, and they would be up later. Around 5 a.m. they would appear - I can only imagine how late they were up the night before! We would rip into our presents and had everything open by 6 a.m. and ready to start the day!


Tony tells me that he would stand in front of his parents as they were sleeping on Christmas morning(around 4 a.m. also) They would sense his presence and tell him to go back to bed!


Now, on our Christmas morning, I still wake up relatively early - I just can't get past the excitement of early Christmas morning! Nicholas woke up at 7 a.m., and we sent him to go wake up Michael at 7:30 a.m. We even sent them to bed early, and they just can't get into waking up early on Christmas!
Ever since I told my mother-in-law about my Raggedy Ann doll I got for Christmas when I was young(I don't remember how old I was), she has gotten me a new doll for Christmas. Today I got three dolls - two of them were dressed as a Cowgirl and Cowboy, respectively. The other was a Dorothy doll from the Wizard of Oz. My sister-in-law didn't even know that 10 of my students were chosen to be Munchkins in the high school production of the Wizard of Oz, and that I've been telling them all about the show!
It was a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Shanda said...

FYI, technically the only Batemans I am in contact with currently are you and my Mom so don't worry about me. On a different subject, I'm trying to talk my Mom into a trip to NYC sometime this spring, so think about what weekend would work best for you for us to come out!

Anonymous said...

Luella--I'm a little confused...it said that you had posted a new blog, but I don't see it--am I missing something? But anyway, I love ya!