Friday, December 19, 2008

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

My Winter concert was a huge success! My student teacher played the part of Santa, and the kids loved seeing him. I had five classes worth of 2nd graders performing at the Sing-Along. They sang about 10 holiday songs, along with a few other songs that they really wanted to perform. One of the songs "Risseldy Rosseldy" is a very difficult song to enunciate, but they sang it so well that the teachers commented on how well they understood the singing.After the sing-along, I arranged to leave school a bit early so I could be at Michael's school for his Culture Day presentation(I really appreciate teaching in the same district where I live which makes this possible!). Michael researched England's animals(red deer), natural resources(coal), authors(J.K. Rowling), and food(oatmeal cookies, bread pudding). Then we served his classmates bread pudding. I couldn't believe the number of children and adults who had never tried bread pudding before!
Today was the snowstorm that left a foot of snow in Las Vegas a few days ago. Tony's school closed for the day, while Nicholas, Michael, and I had to go to school. Driving to school was no problem, but the afternoon was rather tricky driving home. Luckily I don't live far, so what usually takes seven minutes to get home only took me 20 minutes.

After we got home, Nicholas and Michael built a snowman who will hopefully last for a few days before he melts!

1 comment:

tammy said...

We also got a snow storm all day yesterday. I love it! It is beautiful!. Your snowman is great! I love the snow when I don't have to drive in it. It is so peaceful and pretty. Looks like Christmas at the Pinelli's!