Wednesday, August 12, 2009

ASTA Camp



The first week we were away, we went to ASTA(American String Teachers Camp). Tony taught the bass students and some chamber groups, and Nicholas was a camper at the camp. We reached Ithaca on Saturday, and had a few hours before Tony had to go to meetings. So we took advantage of the time, and went to Upper Buttermilk Falls, and then to Lower Buttermilk so the boys could swim. Michael went right in, but Nicholas said the water was too cold. I couldn't argue with him one bit, because I remember how cold the Falls water is! Besides, we've been having a relatively cool summer, so it's been hard for the water to warm up at all.





On Sunday, while Tony was in teacher meetings, Nicholas, Michael, and I went to church at the Ithaca Ward. It was nice to see old friends!


While Tony and Nicholas were at camp, Michael and I went to see some of the LDS Church History sites. We visited the Joseph Smith home, the Hill Cumorah, the Peter Whitmer farm, and the E. B. Grandin print shop, where the first 5000 copies of the Book of Mormon were printed. The print shop was Michael's favorite site, because he loves to read, and he was fascinated to find out how books are made. We also went to a children's science museum, called the Sciencenter, with some friends from my high school.

At the end of the week was the Chamber recitals and the concert. Nicholas' quartet made it into the Honors Chamber recital. They played "Sunshine of Your Love", and sounded really good!


The last day of the camp was the orchestra concert.
I'll post videos when I can!

3 comments:

Noelle said...

I wish some of the pictures were bigger. It's hard to see who some of the people are.

Luella said...

I was going to say - try clicking on the pictures, and they would open to full screen so you can see the bigger pictures. For some reason, two of the collages won't do that. I'll try again.

denebug said...

This looks like so much fun! But when does Tony get a break?